Max-Atlas relies on a Lean Manufacturing vision to improve its processes and expect all his collaborators to work within this philosophy to maintain its leadership in manufacturing Intermodal chassis trailers.
You want to enhance your profile and work in a fast-paced environment? Max-Atlas is always looking for experienced collaborators for its teams.
Reporting to the Technical Manager, Engineering, the candidate’s main task will be to work closely with the engineering team to design templates that enable our production staff to manufacture consistent parts that meet quality and throughput requirements. In this role, the candidate will also have a secondary task of working on the creation of stacking drawings for template storage and transportation models for chassis. The candidate will also lead the design initiative for manufacturing and standardization within the department.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Working on the development, testing, and production of new jigs and tools to support manufacturing.
- Developing jigs and tools to prevent production errors. The use of Poka-Yoke (Mistake-Proofing) is required.
- Modifying existing jigs and accessories to improve production performance and efficiency.
- Collaborating with the engineering team to optimize the manufacturability of new products.
- Creating control procedures for production with jigs and verifying accuracy and quality in accordance with control procedures.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety and regulatory policies for designed products
- Testing and inspecting jigs and accessories to ensure proper functioning. The designer will work closely with the maintenance department to maintain the jig in good working condition.
- Keeping accurate records of jig and accessory performance and maintenance. The maintenance record will be logged in the maintenance software (Interal).
- Manage inventory of templates, accessories, and parts to ensure that adequate supplies are available for production, using the Interal software.
- Determine methods and sequencing of operations in close collaboration with production and industrial teams.
- Ensure that templates and tools work with proper angles/contours.
- Templates are developed with engineering data in mind to ensure repeatability. When necessary, the use of GD&T is essential.
- Produce 2D and 3D drawings of templates, assemblies, stacks, etc.
- Perform design failure mode and effects analysis (DFMEA) whenever necessary.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in similar roles.
- Experience in a manufacturing context is an advantage.
- Experience in mechanical-welded design and sheet metal assembly design (an asset).
- Having good spatial representation skills (2D and 3D).
- Excellent knowledge of Solidworks and AutoCAD 3D modeling software (an asset) and computer tools (Word, Excel, and Outlook), ERP (Genius).
- Knowledge of the various products and components used in the manufacturing of our trailer equipment.
- Excellent knowledge of electrical, mechanical, and pneumatic concepts.
- Good knowledge of dimensioning and geometric tolerancing (GD&T).
- Being able to quickly identify and solve problems.
- Meticulousness, precision, and attention to detail in drawings must be very detailed and precise.
- Observation skills, curiosity, and resourcefulness to participate in Jig design.
- Bilingual (French and English).
- Engineering / Degree in mechanical engineering or industrial design.
Job location: Max-Atlas factory in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
If you are interested in this position and would like to take on this challenge :