Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Max-Atlas relies on a Lean Manufacturing vision to improve its processes and expect all his collaborators to work within this philosophy to maintain its leadership in manufacturing Intermodal chassis trailers.
You want to enhance your profile and work in a fast-paced environment? Max-Atlas is always looking for experienced collaborators for its teams.
The Manufacturing Engineering Manager is responsible for overseeing a team of engineers and/or technicians, specifically those specializing in industrial and mechanical fields. Their decision-making is guided by continuous improvement principles, particularly Lean Manufacturing, which aims to foster an efficient work culture. The Manufacturing Engineering Manager collaborates closely with various departments within the company, including Operations, Maintenance, Purchasing, Planning, and Engineering. This position directly reports to the VP of Operations Support and Strategy.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Mastering the management of a technical team (3 to 5 engineers)
- Works closely with all departments of the company
- Conducts research on technical solutions, innovative technology, suppliers, and partners to enable Max-Atlas to become a market leader.
- Executes the management and integration of multiple capital investment projects, from equipment selection to implementation in the factory.
- Identifies potential projects to improve productivity and justifies associated cost savings. For example:
- Reduce cycle times at different stages of production.
- Create part feeding routes to the lines, for each forklift operator.
- Define and improve production flows.
- Optimize energy usage and minimize material resource losses.
- Leading the implementation of productivity improvement projects with production managers
- Guiding their team in the completion of the following areas:
- Define and maintain a database for each work cycle and for each trailer model.
- Structure parts management (PFEP)
- Collaborate with the planning department to improve operations.
- Execute 5S improvement projects.
- Document methods and work instructions with the support of engineering.
- Train staff in relation to implemented projects and techniques.
- 5 to 10 years of experience in manufacturing environment.
- Technical team manager, leader and motivator
- Deep experience in project management
- Experience using Lean Manufacturing tools
- Critical thinking, sense of urgency, and curious mind
- Analytical mindset, strategic reasoning, and results-oriented
- Ability to work in a team
- Strong sense of responsibility
- Knowledge of PFEP methodology
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Excellent data analysis and manipulation skills
- Excellent mastery of Excel, including pivot tables, PowerQuery, and Power pivot
- Knowledge of ERP system Genius (an asset)
- Industrial engineering or mechanical engineering
Job location: Max-Atlas factory in Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu
If you are interested in this position and would like to take on this challenge :